There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Washington Brewers Festival 2010


I volunteered at the Washington Brewers Festival selling tokens from 1:30 to 5:30 on Saturday (6/19/10). Personally I don't think I could have had such a well rounded experience at a Beer Fest otherwise. I worked with some great people volunteering and had fun bantering with people as they entered the fest. A special thanks to Abby the Ticket Seller, Holly the Organizer, Anastasia the Manager, Neal the Brewer from Georgetown for talking about Cask conditioning, and the three Drunk Australians...


With the task of volunteering for 4 hours I was granted free parking, free access, and free tokens after my shift at the festival. I was also able to eat for free, and yes there's more, a free t-shirt! Why would you not volunteer? I didn't take the time to do a formal review on any of the beers there, but I can say I didn't have a single beer I didn't like. Yes there were some I liked more than others, but all beers were nicely done in their own way. My favorite had to be the Hale's Seattle Beer Week Double IPA on Cask. I also enjoyed taking the time talking to the brewers and operators of many of the smaller Seattle breweries.

I certainly look forward to volunteering at future beer festivals, it seems a nice way to see the action from both sides of the taps.

That's me.


Here are more pictures from the Washington Brewers Festival:

Ninkasi Kid


Odin Brewing Co.

Hale's Seattle Beer Week Double IPA on Cask.

Elliot Bay Brewing


Black Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Beer enthusiast and advocate. Recognized beer judge and traveler of west coast beer destinations.